- House Size: 288.0m2
- Energy Rating: 6.0
- New Construction: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Alarm System: Yes
- Total Area: 438.0m2
Sleep peacefully at night knowing your family will grow and create lasting memories under the roof of a Blackett Home. We are a time tested and respected family building company who have been designing and building award winning homes in Canberra for over 37 years.
The home at 8 McCardell Street was specifically designed for the block and developed by our team in response to enquiries from families looking for functional and adaptive home that they could grow with. Elevated and on the high side of the street it enjoys a commanding position with Easterly views across Taylor.
Our team have taken a lot of care in building this home and will soon be able to hand it over to a deserving family to move in by the end of February.
The home features :
• 4 spacious bedrooms comprising of main Master with ensuite, along with Bedrooms 2 & 3 upstairs, and 2nd Master with its own sitting area, kitchenette and ensuite downstairs,
• The 2nd Master with kitchenette, ensuite and sitting room downstairs is sufficiently separated to allow for a possible in-house tenant for additional income or visiting family to enjoy some private space,
• 2 separate living areas – a open plan Living/Dining room (opening onto the covered Alfresco), and the separate Lounge room with large North Easterly facing windows where your guests will enjoy views across the suburb,
• 2.55m high ceilings with LED downlights throughout the Living areas,
• Gourmet kitchen with large walk in pantry, stone benchtops with feature pendant lights over the island bench,
• 50m2 fully lined Garage and storage area – with access to additional under floor storage area,
• Stainless steel appliances including 900mm wide gas cooktop with externally ducted Kitchen range-hood, along with 7 function oven,
• Full height tiling to main bathroom and Master ensuite,
• Driveway, paths, clothes line and retaining walls all completed and installed,
• NBN ready with Cat 6 cabling points throughout,
• Durable KARNDEAN hybrid floors throughout the LIVING AREAS – in warm 'Mountain Spotted Gum' (Comfortable, Kid and Pet friendly with a lifetime warranty). Beaulieu Studio Style carpet to all BEDROOMS.
• You can choose to ADD soft landscaping with the help of our landscape designer and landscape team – at our cost price
Feel secure knowing that our team have brought their collective expertise and care to deliver you a truly multi-generational home – that will perform efficiently for your family for many years to come.
Relax knowing your new home has been crafted by a trusted local family building company, with an experienced team of local trades and suppliers with many, many years of combined experience who are dedicated to maintaining our strict quality and proven building methods. We refuse to use cheap trades from out of town with no history or responsibility to honour their workmanship. You deserve better – and the trust and reputation we promise won't allow for shortcuts!
Some of the trusted brands and materials you will enjoy in the home are :
• BRADNAM double glazed aluminium windows including aluminium mesh flyscreens for extra durability
• BRADFORD R 6.0 ceiling insulation, R 2.5 to all external walls and subfloor, paired with a MONIER tiled roof including sarking
• HAYMES premium 3-coat paint system for superior wash and wear performance
• TOSHIBA fully ducted and zoned heating and cooling system
• HUME 1200mm wide stained maple feature front door
• NESS Eco8 alarm system with multiple sensors, internal and external sirens
The Blackett Homes team have taken a lot of care in building this home and are now proud to hand it over to a deserving family.
Call our Sales Manager – Matthew Butt on 0477 888 433 to arrange a time to show your family through.
Blackett Homes – Building a lifestyle for discerning Canberra families since 1981.